Who We Are
Vision Statement: To point people towards real-life faith in God through Jesus Christ, and when they have found that faith, to teach, equip and support each believer so they reach their full potential, so that God is glorified in all things. “For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him”. Philippians 2:13
These are our goals:
- Worship of God is our highest calling every day. When we meet together our worship services will be well prepared, Spirit-led and always rooted in Scripture allowing people to respond to God through mind, spirit and emotion.
- Prayer will be a commitment in our lives, bringing needs to God personally, in small groups and in the gathered congregation.
- The Bible will be taught on a practical level where we apply it to every area of our lives. It will be our sole authority on all matters of faith and doctrine.
- Christian Spirituality characterized by dependance on God, and Christ-like servanthood, will be our hallmark. Everybody will have an opportunity to be mentored and nurtured on a one-to-one and small group level to help them grow in their faith and attract others to Christ.
- Fellowship will be a mark of Christ’s presence among us. “Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples”.John 13:35 Everybody whom God brings through our doors will be welcomed and loved as people created in His image. It will be a church characterised by love, peace and acceptance, where people find refuge, healing and courage to face life as it is.
- Community Involvement will be encouraged by practically helping those who are hurting and deprived, by assisting local charitible organisations, and by bringing to people the unique gift which we can offer i.e. the gospel of hope, forgiveness and salvation through Christ.
- Leadership skills will be encouraged and developed among our people at all age groups and ability levels. We are here to “equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ” Eph 4:1
- A world-wide vision will be encouraged where our own little corner is seen as just one part of God’s wider picture of reaching a lost world. We will encourage people to be willing to obey Christ’s great commission of Matthew 28:19-20 and we will support and encourage them in doing this.
The leadership of Bantry Christian Fellowship Church consists of two ELDERS who serve with their wives:
Ivor and Alice Deane & Gerard and Carmel Reaney. They are joined by a LEADERSHIP TEAM of ten members of the congregation, including the original founding pastor David and Elizabeth Ross, who each serve according to their gifts and callings. We like to think that our church practices “every member ministry “ where each persons’ gift is valuable and encouraged to be used for the building up of the church as a whole.