- Sunday Gathering at 11am. We meet for Worship and the Word of God. If you need prayer for any needs, this can be done either during the meeting or afterwards. There is a crèche for children under 5 (from the crèche area parents can see and hear what is happening in the main meeting) Sunday School is provided by our trained teachers. It happens at 12 noon for 30 mins. There are two levels: 4-7 yr-olds and 8-11 yr-olds.
- Homegroups. These take place in various locations, typically Bantry, Durrus, Dunmanway and Lisheen. Home groups are held in homes, run for a period of about 5 weeks at a time, are entirely flexible and offer opportunities to discuss the teaching and grow in one’s faith. They also meet the need for fellowship and prayer for one another’s needs.
- Prayer meetings. These meetings take place regularly and are devoted to intercession and prayer to God for specific situations.
- Women’s Meetings. A varied programme focussing on the challenge of being Christian woman in todays world. Special events for birthdays, Little Christmas, etc are held, but the regular programme is a Bible Study and Fellowship evening, generally monthly . For details contact Elizabeth 028 31547.
- Seminars. Recent seminars have included “Living with Loss”.
- Gospel Great! A Sunday evening sing-along presentation of “Down by the Riverside” gospel songs, together with the timely message of the Gospel, followed by tea and getting-to-know-you. This is a family event and generally takes place quarterly, at 7.30pm. See local press for details.
- “Scriptura” is our regular bookstall on the square on Market days. You will find a good selection of cards and books at quite keen prices (have to be seen to be believed!) but if you just want a chat, that’s what we’re there for!
- Counselling services. Christian counselling is a distinctive approach covering all aspects of psychological and spiritual need. We have counsellors in training, but we can also put you in touch with professional Christian counsellors who work in the wider West Cork area.
back to the top